The St. George's Dinghy & Sports Club was founded in 1946 as a result of the amalgamation of several sports clubs by individuals that practiced different sports but wanted to combine and find a club house for social and sport related gatherings. In the beginning there was rugby, football, cricket, golf, tennis, water polo, rowing, and of course sailing. Today the club's most important sport is still sailing. The Bermuda Fitted Dinghy the Victory IV sails under the Club's Flag.
The St. George's Dinghy & Sports Club is a members' owned Club and is owned by the Full members and Senior Members. The Club has numerous facilities for the use of it's members and their guests. There is a sports bar with big screen T.V.s, dart boards, pool table, snooker table, free wireless internet connection, marina with fresh water/ shore power, laundry, showers, full service restaurant, use of barbeques and a balcony with the best views of St. George's Harbor, especially at sunset.
The objectives of the club can be found in the Club's Rule Book under Rule 3. "The objects of the club are the establishment and operation of premises for social activities, and the encouragement and promotion of sailing events and sports". The Club hosts numerous sailing events over the year.